overpass - Re: [overpass] error after history import

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] error after history import

  • From: mmd <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] error after history import
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 21:51:03 +0100

Hi,

Am 04.11.2015 um 21:26 schrieb michael spreng:
> On 04/11/15 07:43, Roland Olbricht wrote:
>> Hi

> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
> what(): Bad geometry for way 3847631
>
> I guess something is missing from the history dump?

I should really update my wiki page. Even the approach using osmconvert
... -out-osc does not work and leads to unpredictable results, similar
to what you posted.

My proposal would be as follows:

Step 1: Create a new extract for a given timestamp based on full history
dump:

This steps leverages Jochen Topfs osmium tool, and more specifically the
time-filter feature. I found it a bit tricky to get this compiled and
running.

The resulting file swiss.osm.pbf will contain only objects which were
valid at the given point in time. It does not include any deleted
objects nor any history information:

osmium time-filter -o swiss.osm.pbf switzerland-padded-softcut.osh.pbf
2015-08-01T00:00:00Z

For details: http://docs.osmcode.org/osmium/latest/osmium-time-filter.html

Step 2:

Import this extract like you would import a normal .osm file (using
osmconvert swiss.osm.obf --out-osm | ...)

Step 3:

Set up database update using hourly diffs. For August 1st 2015, this
should be based on the following file (+/- 1 error margin).

http://planet.osm.ch/replication/hour/000/020/173.state.txt

--

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page