overpass - Re: [overpass] error after history import

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] error after history import

  • From: Roland Olbricht <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] error after history import
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 06:00:20 -0500

Hi Michael,

On 04/11/15 07:43, Roland Olbricht wrote:
You can edit the script that does the call to update_database and add
--flush-size=0
to the parameters of update_database. This parameter enforces that
update_database refrains from writing temporary files. I've no
experience whether that works or not and how much memory it will need,
but it is our best option out of the box here.

I tried it again, with the newest version of overpass. The import
process works fine, and it does not consume too much memory. But the
result is strange:

A stable version of Overpass API should not print these numbers - these are for sure debug information. Could you please try with version 0.7.52 or with the newest version from the minor_issues or master branch?

It might be necessary to recreate the database file. The error "cannot be expanded" says essentially that a newer version of the way has been written during database creation but is now gone from the file which means that the database file is broken.

Best regards,
Roland

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page