overpass - [overpass] Re: error after history import

Subject: Overpass API developpement

[overpass] Re: error after history import

  • From: mmd <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [overpass] Re: error after history import
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 22:06:59 +0100

Hi,

Am 03.11.2015 um 21:38 schrieb michael spreng:
> Hi
>
> I imported the swiss extract with history from our history extract and
> hourly diffs (see planet.osm.ch).

I'm not sure if I got your scenario right: did you use one of the files
in http://planet.osm.ch/history/ to populate your database? Which exact
commands did you use, i.e. how can we reproduce this? I assume you tried
this on 0.7.52?

If so, you probably ran into the same pitfall as I did last year. To
make a long story short: full history files cannot be used to populate
an Overpass DB. I documented all issues I came across on my wiki page:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Mmd/Overpass_API/install/attic

The only way forward is to import an old planet file without history (or
in your case an older extract) and apply minutely diffs on top of it.

I don't know how well (if at all?) attic works in the context of
extracts, especially as some objects may get moved outside the extract
bounding box from time to time. Unfortunately, there's very little
documentation and experience available on this topic.

--

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page