overpass - Re: [overpass] Segmentation fault (core dumped) when trying to start dispatcher

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] Segmentation fault (core dumped) when trying to start dispatcher

  • From: Roland Olbricht <>
  • To: , Brian Vogelgesang <>
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] Segmentation fault (core dumped) when trying to start dispatcher
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 20:32:15 +0100

Hi,

I didn't get much out of the debug file after I tried running the dispatcher,
below is my output

[ bvogelgesang@osm-vm:~/mnt/osm-db-disk ]$ $EXEC_DIR/bin/dispatcher
--osm-base --db-dir=$DB_DIR
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
[ bvogelgesang@osm-vm:~/mnt/osm-db-disk ]$ cat nodes.bin.debug
DEBUG a
DEBUG b
DEBUG A
DEBUG B
DEBUG C

Was I supposed to do anything else to populate that file?

It is fine. It is about the size of what I expected and contains the
essential information: the dispatcher crashed within the block

raw_debug_log(data_file_name + ".debug", "DEBUG C");
for (typename std::list< File_Block_Index_Entry< TIndex >
>::const_iterator it = blocks.begin();
it != blocks.end(); ++it)
{
for (uint32 i = 0; i < it->size; ++i)
is_referred[it->pos + i] = true;
}
raw_debug_log(data_file_name + ".debug", "DEBUG D");

which is only possible if blocks[i].pos + blocks[i].size > block_count
for some i.

For that reason I have created a more picky version that carefully
checks any inroad for such a situation. Please try that one and tell me
whether it reports any error on startup:
https://dev.overpass-api.de/releases/osm-3s_v0.7.55.rc_1.tar.gz

Best regards,
Roland

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.