overpass - Re: [overpass] Segmentation fault (core dumped) when trying to start dispatcher

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] Segmentation fault (core dumped) when trying to start dispatcher

  • From: Roland Olbricht <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] Segmentation fault (core dumped) when trying to start dispatcher
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 07:35:31 +0100

Thank you for the response. I ran the dispatcher with strace to see if it
would provide any useful information, below is the output. I will try
patching like you said and respond with results. Much appreciated

This is an excellent idea. From the insight of the strace, I have been
able to understand that dispatcher crashes in a different location than
conjectured.

Please remove the patch. I don't know what has gone wrong, could be
something like missing the right line number by one. I have prepared
instead a special dist with more debugging output:
https://dev.overpass-api.de/releases/osm-3s_v0.7.55.debug.tar.gz
Please use this instead of the osm-3s_v0.7.55.7.tar.gz for the moment being.

There should appear a file
$DB_DIR/nodes.bin.debug
Could you please send the content of the file (the list does not process
attachments). The first 4K or so should suffice - I expect it to be of
only a few hundred bytes. This is a special log around the expected
crash location.

Best regards,

Roland

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.