overpass - Re: [overpass] Segmentation fault (core dumped) when trying to start dispatcher

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] Segmentation fault (core dumped) when trying to start dispatcher

  • From: Brian Vogelgesang <>
  • To: "" <>, Roland Olbricht <>
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] Segmentation fault (core dumped) when trying to start dispatcher
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 17:45:15 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=rightpoint.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=rightpoint.com; dkim=pass header.d=rightpoint.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=ktAgJwfk2+7lNBajN8QhkZ10vcmwELueFqa2Lj9FRuQ=; b=Zcg8MkkYWHdfgirvV0B58+1QCqmipJIDmAwwdJIpWCun7Y8AN5/ZQA4eFI6/tjHUsQKJga5g0VjZaa+IP7Dk/wNb2fABZb9wH6OLSRC+pM0RfPVeXjDmQL9lUVowioHAQkR8e5bDx0YqApnDWUgZc6fmWQYwobIT/XWpz+zWh1wAsYd1Zbd5JD+8zOrFkiQYxitWDu68LvUaNNKSlEAxLgHJCBsghC3tnrKKX5lk/1miKxaI6OHqYHImrJBHjKI/LCe7ZqNF3vjJeFlrhdak4v3EqLaHfKZ8mSeJrvAp4PphDiwJfLdC69uXYAbV4UjQp+ttfGbJqFIsynPzxzd42w==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=Xzfa6UIorpjsPSbP9ATWovCA82jahHePc7qBIN78QiT3MCLdocgGCmGYjJi+D2ASN1K43HKgmPvk6EDKejx9VezOG2uobDjDOdbsKTb0lfI73AsXFcwvLXbel6PItHWkS9DImOVse2Fsx1VCu74nH1xanhZk4Lq7cupm7kmtYk0C8kvmwi+5xK34/OZ6PI2CDt+CpjLzC4JKyPHJdF1pTEwO1CXUh5N8v+WoXR6+jQDHN/07JV0z5h6p5G0WA3zp5KCvAjlodh/90HzlLudFv/UvK/QyO4AweZob6PwYEDo7aB7tdzqBnrtHJp/8LOFXXP1ENIPzLRz8nJQ9CPJT3Q==

Roland, great news. Replacing the DB files worked along with your patch. I'm
not sure how many times I've re-downloaded those files, but this time seemed
to work. The dispatcher successfully runs and I can now use NGINX to query
the API!

We are transitioning off using http://overpass-api.de/api/map?bbox={bounding
box cords} and I am now using
http://my-ip/api/interpreter?node({bbox_coords});out body;
We get different results but I haven't been able to pick apart the response
just yet to figure out whats different (only the end result). Do you know
what the different would be? Essentially we want to get all features within a
bounding box, would node({bbox_coords});out body; be the right query for that?

Many thanks
Brian

On 12/18/19, 12:58 PM,
"
on behalf of Brian Vogelgesang"
<
on behalf of

wrote:

I'm hosting my Ubuntu box on a google cloud VM, so thankfully the
download script runs from there and I get 17 MB/s speeds. It should be
finished shortly here. If it's possible to give me the MD5 checksums for the
2019-12-18 download that would be helpful, glad to run it against mine.

Thank you for taking the time to help, it's most appreciated. I'll keep
you updated

Brian

On 12/18/19, 12:18 PM, "Roland Olbricht"
<>
wrote:

Hi,

> I'm in the process of re-downloading the DB files with the
download_clone.sh - would that not work in this situation? I'm unclear what
might be the next best move.

That is what I would like to suggest you to do. It should afterwards
work fine.

I do not know the conditions of your internet connectivity.
Downloading
the arond 100 GB of data here over a 1.5 MBit/s landline would take
days, thus this would be a huge burden (or de facto impossible). In a
data center it should be much faster, but it might produce costs. This
is why I have tried to state that requirement with some empathy.

For my to-do list: come around with some MD5 or similar checking
scheme
such that the completeness and correctness of a download can be
checked
independently of Overpass software.

Best regards,
Roland