overpass - Re: [overpass] Setup question

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] Setup question

  • From: Zecke <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] Setup question
  • Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2016 17:49:19 +0100

Thanks to mmd and Roland for your hints!
thank you for the link. I was not aware that there is a document claiming to be an installation guide. It turns out that it is quite outdated. The official and hopefully up-to-date version is here:

https://overpass-api.de/no_frills.html
I had a look at it and it seems to me the main differences are
- it recommends the cloning technique
- it does not mention the Ubuntu init-script which causes the root privilege problems

The two last planet files are
http://planet.osm.org/planet/2016/planet-161031.osm.bz2
and
http://planet.osm.org/planet/2016/planet-161024.osm.bz2
I used the latter one - does it mean I had to start diffs somewhat before 24 October instead of 26? That could maybe explain the neverending diff application because of a gap.
 planet-161024.osm.bz2          2016-10-26 23:37   53G
It would be nice if the application could throw an error or warning in case of such gaps (if it has a possibility to detect it, I don't know).

Usually, the update starts some time after midnight of that date. Hence, the relevant hourly ids from their state files are:
36065 for the 2016-10-24 planet
That I definitely did wrong!

I recommend to use minute diffs instead. After parsing in update_from_dir, minute diffs and hourly diffs go through the same process, hence there is not much runtime gain to expect.
Good to know. It's difficult to estimate if you don't have the experience.

So I will restart my next attempt with a clone database - this should avoid the "note x used in way/relation y not found" during init, hopefully.
Then I will configure minutely diffs, this time with the correct seq id.
The clone databse is an empty database so it does not matter which planet to install to it?

Thanks for your help, I'll keep you informed about progress!

Regards,
Carsten

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page