overpass - [overpass] Re: attic errors

Subject: Overpass API developpement

[overpass] Re: attic errors

  • From: mmd <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [overpass] Re: attic errors
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 21:48:13 +0100

Hi Roland,

Am 01.12.2015 um 21:15 schrieb Roland Olbricht:
> Hi all,
>
>> In the log file there's also a number of interesting messages:
> [...]
>> To me it looks like the deleted node in Feb 2012 somehow confuses the
>> update process to think the node is already gone - even for an earlier
>> point in time.
>
> Thank you for figuring this out. I can now easily explain the missing
> rest: The file isn't strictly consistent. The way 25022705 should either
> have been deleted in 2012, the node 272062486 should have been dropped
> from the way before, or the node 272062486 should not have been deleted
> at all in 2012.

good catch! That's even another type of error in the osc file I didn't
spot before.

Way 25022705 was in fact deleted from the OSM DB in November 2011, but
that detail didn't make it into the small.osc file. I wonder why there
are no way deletions in this file at all.

> In any case, it would be good to fix the osc file. And this is a bug to
> be fixed in update_database. It should treat the case in a less
> destructive way, e.g. implicitly delete the way or drop the node from
> the way.

Would that also explain the error messages around node 243509609 and way
22701281 I mentioned in my post? In that case, the way was not deleted.
Still the much later deletion of the node seems to somehow backfire to
the past.

Best
/mmd

--