overpass - Re: [overpass] compressed database info

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] compressed database info

  • From: mmd <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] compressed database info
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 22:28:56 +0200

Am 24.04.2015 um 12:22 schrieb Donal Diamond:
> Had backend_compression_lz4_map running it for a few days and it was
> applying updates and exexuting queries without issue.
>
> However apply_osc_to_db.sh failed recently with the following error message:
>
> Reading XML file ... finished reading nodes. terminate called after
> throwing an instance of 'LZ4_Inflate::Error'
> what(): LZ4_Inflate: -33005

Thanks a lot for testing this cutting edge version!

In the meantime I could reproduce this error message by running a
simulated diff update via:

../src/test-bin/run_testsuite_diff_updater.sh 200

in the osm-3s_testing directory. I also got similar crashes on a db
reorg step, when importing a fresh Germany extract.

I pushed a small fix to the backend_compression_lz4_map branch now.
Also, I reran that particular testsuite step as well as a Germany
import, both of which worked fine.

Due to the inconsistent db state after the update crash, I would highly
recommend to dump the existing db, apply the fix and then start fresh
with an Ireland extract.

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page