overpass - Re: [overpass] apply_osc_to_db not handling dispatcher problems

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] apply_osc_to_db not handling dispatcher problems

  • From: mmd <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] apply_osc_to_db not handling dispatcher problems
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 07:58:51 +0200

Am 06.09.2017 um 06:29 schrieb Roland Olbricht:
> Hi,
>
>> I've created a new issue on GitHub for this, as mailing lists are a
>> pain for status tracking:
>

> Please note that the list has the advantage of keeping a public archive.

The rails-dev mailing list is set up in such a way: every post on Github
is automatically replicated there, keeping that public archive. As
repository owner could easily set up exactly the same scenario.

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/rails-dev/

Other than that you can add yourself as "Watcher" to the repository and
automatically receive any updates.

> And it keeps a synchronized copy on all devices of all recipients of the
> mailing list.

...and fails on the most important aspect of issue fixing: it does not
communicate any kind of status, e.g. if you mark an email in your email
client as "done", nobody else will know.

With more than a couple of issues to manage or a team size > 1, this
quickly becomes unwieldy and difficult to manage.

Cheers

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.

Top of Page