overpass - Re: [overpass] Can't run some queries (they time out)

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] Can't run some queries (they time out)

  • From: mmd <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] Can't run some queries (they time out)
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 22:36:45 +0100

Am 14.11.2016 um 10:20 schrieb FRANCHOIS Serge:

> The maps were downloaded from download.geofabrik.de
> Attached is the diff log file
> The process of defining the MIN_DIFF_ID is not entirely clear to me.
>
> Here are the vars that I use.
>
> export FIRST_MINDIFF_ID=36078
> export DB_DIR="/media/datadrive/osm-data-belgium"
> export PLANET_FILE="/media/datadrive/osm/belgium-latest.osm.bz2"
> export REPLICATE_DIR="/media/datadrive/osm-diff-belgium"
> export EXEC_DIR="/srv/osm-3s"

Thanks for the details. I have to say that I found the diff log a bit
confusing as the numbers in there jump back and forth a few times. Not
sure if you tried the whole process several times and forgot to clean
the DB directory in between?

I thought it might be a good idea to go back to the drawing board first:

So, what exactly do you plan to do? Just populating an Overpass DB with
a Belgium extract provided by Geofabrik, keeping meta data, or maybe
something else? Did you realize that Geofabrik also provides some
_daily_ diff files to update your Belgium extract only? That may be a
better option than using the minutely diffs on planet.openstreetmap.org.

--

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page