overpass - Re: [overpass] Can't run some queries (they time out)

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] Can't run some queries (they time out)

  • From: Roland Olbricht <>
  • To:
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] Can't run some queries (they time out)
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 22:07:01 +0100

Hi,

I'm sorry for all the inconveiences. I hope that we can figure out what has happened. Resolving similar issues has helped to add a lot of safeguards.

First time I pay attention to that. That is indeed strange.
Here’s how I built the database, as per instructions :

$ nohup $EXEC_DIR/bin/init_osm3s.sh $PLANET_FILE $DB_DIR $EXEC_DIR --meta &

Could you please send us the values of the variables? The directories are not so much of interest. What matters here are
- Where has the planet file come from?
- What diff (minute, hour, daily) has been added in which order?

The error message does indeed mean that the database is somehow broken, on the level that Zlib is unable to decompress this particular block.

I’ve no access to my overpass VM at the moment. Will dig in the logs on
Monday.
Where are those timestamps coming from anyway?

The timestamp of osm_base is always the timestamp of the latest applied diff. More precisely: the value comes from the .state.txt that has come together with that diff.

Could you please have a look at the apply_osc_to_db.log in the $DB_DIR? Most interesting are the last 100 lines or so, in particular to figure out which files have been applied.

Best regards,

Roland

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page