overpass - Re: [overpass] error with attic data

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] error with attic data

  • From: mmd <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] error with attic data
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 18:16:20 +0200

Hi Roland,

Am 19.05.2016 um 17:40 schrieb Roland Olbricht:
> Hello Michael,
>
>> I noticed that. Unfortunately, it seems that at some point in time the
>> OSM main database did not have a constraint for that, as the data you
>> have cited is verifiably on the OSM server. I am interested in using
>> overpass to make nice graphics for historical data. Like how many
>> restaurants were there in Switzerland over time. To have data back to
>> 2007, there are now some options I guess:
>>
>> - Hack overpass to ignore deletions when constructing geometries
>
> I'm open to do that such that Overpass API behaves in a defined way.
>
> The simplest option would be to treat objects with improper geometry as
> if they were deleted. Would that be OK?

could you maybe elaborate a bit on the implications for the previous
example way 30913536?

At which point in time would this way be considered as "deleted", or
would the way be considered deleted not matter what date is used in the
query?

Would supporting improper geometries require a database reload?

Best,
mmd

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page