overpass - Re: [overpass] Lua module to query Overpass API from Wikipedia

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] Lua module to query Overpass API from Wikipedia

  • From: Jo <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] Lua module to query Overpass API from Wikipedia
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 08:39:16 +0200

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your help and for the suggestions. I implemented most of them.
I didn't know about the map.html, but I prefer the interface where the user can fiddle with the query and see/export the results in various ways.

My main use case for Overpass queries is to continue with the data in JOSM, hence the use of xml and out meta.

Grüsse,

Jo

Hi!

This seems like a very nice idea! A few technical annotations from me:

What's the point of having "out meta qt;" after the recurse-down
(">;")? It seems like you wanted to use "out skel qt;" there? Another
option (which should save some bandwidth, thus result in faster
requests) is to use "out geom;" like here:
http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/aUZ

Also, JSON parsing is generaly faster than XML in browsers, so using
"[out:json];" would certainly make sense (and setting a reasonably low
timeout, e.g. "[timeout:15]" would make requests more likely to
succeed if the server is overcrowded).

Last remark: do you know that you can also link to
http://overpass-turbo.eu/map.html?Q=… (no &R required) to get a full
screen map with the query result?

Bye,
Martin

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 1:21 PM, Jo <> wrote:
> Great, that's what I needed. I'll fix the code to create the correct
> regexes.
>
> Jo

>> Hi
>> your regex needs to be fixed,  please try this one here:
>> http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/aUE
>>
>> Best
>> mmd

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.