overpass - Re: [overpass] Lua module to query Overpass API from Wikipedia

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] Lua module to query Overpass API from Wikipedia

  • From: Martin Raifer <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] Lua module to query Overpass API from Wikipedia
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 16:25:54 +0200

Hi!

This seems like a very nice idea! A few technical annotations from me:

What's the point of having "out meta qt;" after the recurse-down
(">;")? It seems like you wanted to use "out skel qt;" there? Another
option (which should save some bandwidth, thus result in faster
requests) is to use "out geom;" like here:
http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/aUZ

Also, JSON parsing is generaly faster than XML in browsers, so using
"[out:json];" would certainly make sense (and setting a reasonably low
timeout, e.g. "[timeout:15]" would make requests more likely to
succeed if the server is overcrowded).

Last remark: do you know that you can also link to
http://overpass-turbo.eu/map.html?Q=… (no &R required) to get a full
screen map with the query result?

Bye,
Martin

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 1:21 PM, Jo <> wrote:
> Great, that's what I needed. I'll fix the code to create the correct
> regexes.
>
> Jo

>> Hi
>> your regex needs to be fixed, please try this one here:
>> http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/aUE
>>
>> Best
>> mmd

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.