Subject: Overpass API developpement
Re: [overpass] Overpass API Learning Platform (GSOC)
- From: "Arian Allenson M. Valdez" <>
- Subject: Re: [overpass] Overpass API Learning Platform (GSOC)
- Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 23:46:05 -0700 (PDT)
Just a quick note from me, in case you don't know already: I'm the
mentor for this particular GSoC project, and will help Arian during
the next months as good as I can. Of course, we welcome any additional
help, feedback and input we may get from you guys. :)
On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 10:09 AM, Arian Allenson M. Valdez
> Hello everyone! I'm Arian, a Computer Science student. I'm one of the
> students accepted in the Google Summer of Code program, and my project is
> the creation of a Learning platform for Overpass API!
> The Overpass API is an incredibly powerful tool, but it’s use is still
> limited due to the quite beginner-unfriendly documentation and scarce
> tutorials, and this project aims to fix that.
> Here’s a short list of features to be implemented:
> - A beautiful API Documentation interface. Page for syntax, detailing
> description, parameter types, etc. of particular queries.
> - An embedded interface to test out queries, allowing users to experiment
> with parameters/methods inside the API Documentation page themselves.
> - Set of Interactive Exercises that allows beginners to learn the different
> facets of the Overpass API in a fun and easy way.
> For those interested, you can view the complete project page in the Overpass
> Wiki here:
> This is a tentative project writeup, and I really want to involve the
> community in the creation of this project. I would absolutely welcome any
> thoughts or comments you have to improve the project.
> Thank you everyone!
> Arian Allenson M. Valdez
- [overpass] Overpass API Learning Platform (GSOC), Arian Allenson M. Valdez, 05/11/2015
- Re: [overpass] Overpass API Learning Platform (GSOC), Alex Morega, 05/11/2015
- Re: [overpass] Overpass API Learning Platform (GSOC), Pierre Béland, 05/11/2015
- [overpass] Re: Overpass API Learning Platform (GSOC), mmd, 05/11/2015
- Re: [overpass] Overpass API Learning Platform (GSOC), Martin Raifer, 05/12/2015
- Re: [overpass] Overpass API Learning Platform (GSOC), Arian Allenson M. Valdez, 05/15/2015
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.