overpass - Re: [overpass] Overpass API Learning Platform (GSOC)

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] Overpass API Learning Platform (GSOC)

  • From: "Arian Allenson M. Valdez" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] Overpass API Learning Platform (GSOC)
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 23:46:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Everyone!

I would just like to take a moment to thank Martin, indeed my mentor for this GSOC project and the author of the initial project writeup in the GSOC ideas page.

RE: Alex,

Wow, that is an incredibly nice write up of tutorials! Thank you very much for this, it is going to be extremely helpful!

RE: Pierre,

Thanks! I feel that the way you structured your write up is the way I plan on structuring the tutorials and reference too!

RE: mmd

Thanks, and I hope I to be a helpful part of the dev list!

I understand your sentiments about higher level concepts of the Overpass API.  As someone who has only been recently introduced to the API, I feel that it is an advantage as I was able to document how I learned for the API and the questions that I had along the way.

Indeed, resources and questions from forums and stack exchange have been really helpful in making me know the different use cases people have for the API.

Your thoughts about keeping it future-proof is something I will keep in mind, thanks!

Thank you for all your responses everyone!