overpass - [overpass] Overpass API Learning Platform (GSOC)

Subject: Overpass API developpement

[overpass] Overpass API Learning Platform (GSOC)

  • From: "Arian Allenson M. Valdez" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [overpass] Overpass API Learning Platform (GSOC)
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 01:09:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone! I'm Arian, a Computer Science student. I'm one of the students accepted in the Google Summer of Code program, and my project is the creation of a Learning platform for Overpass API!

The Overpass API is an incredibly powerful tool, but it’s use is still limited due to the quite beginner-unfriendly documentation and scarce tutorials, and this project aims to fix that.

Here’s a short list of features to be implemented:
- A beautiful API Documentation interface. Page for syntax, detailing description, parameter types, etc. of particular queries.
- An embedded interface to test out queries, allowing users to experiment with parameters/methods inside the API Documentation page themselves.
- Set of Interactive Exercises that allows beginners to learn the different facets of the Overpass API in a fun and easy way.

For those interested, you can view the complete project page in the Overpass Wiki here: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2015/Learning_platform_for_Overpass#Exercises

This is a tentative project writeup, and I really want to involve the community in the creation of this project. I would absolutely welcome any thoughts or comments you have to improve the project.

Thank you everyone!

Arian Allenson M. Valdez

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page