overpass - Re: [overpass] Overpass API Learning Platform (GSOC)

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] Overpass API Learning Platform (GSOC)

  • From: Alex Morega <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] Overpass API Learning Platform (GSOC)
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 12:34:30 +0300

Hi Arian,

> On 11 May 2015, at 11:09, Arian Allenson M. Valdez
> <> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone! I'm Arian, a Computer Science student. I'm one of the
> students accepted in the Google Summer of Code program, and my project is
> the creation of a Learning platform for Overpass API!
>
> The Overpass API is an incredibly powerful tool, but it’s use is still
> limited due to the quite beginner-unfriendly documentation and scarce
> tutorials, and this project aims to fix that.

That's great! I think Overpass could use simple and friendly documentation.

> This is a tentative project writeup, and I really want to involve the
> community in the creation of this project. I would absolutely welcome any
> thoughts or comments you have to improve the project.

Feel free to use examples from my tutorial here. The description is in
Romanian but the queries are in Overpass :) Personally, I learned a lot about
Overpass, while preparing the material.

https://github.com/mgax/workshop-geocj2015-overpass/blob/master/README.md

-- Alex

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.