overpass - [overpass] Overpass API v0.7.52

Subject: Overpass API developpement

[overpass] Overpass API v0.7.52

  • From: Roland Olbricht <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [overpass] Overpass API v0.7.52
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 19:13:08 +0200

Dear all,

to get towards merging outstanding pull requests, I have pushed the current state of affairs as a new version:
http://dev.overpass-api.de/releases/osm-3s_v0.7.52.tar.gz
This version is the version operational at the new production server overpass-api.de resp. 46.4.41.83 .
All older versions can be found at
http://dev.overpass-api.de/releases/

Please check in your local environment whether there are unexpected problems. This would allow to republish an improved version if necessary.

The core feature is the database compression by default. The compressed database with history since 2012-09-12 has currently a size of 254 GB, the compressed database without history is about 152 GB. It is planned to make this compressed database accesible per cloning, but this doesn't work the way it should at the moment, see below.

The release v0.7.52 should also be the base for all future development to faciliate later merging.

Therefore, I have removed all completed or abandoned branches from my copy of the repository. For the two remaining branches, I will first merge from v0.7.52 before doing further development. I would like to ask you to also merge v0.7.52 into all branches that you later plan to use for pull requests.

The thing I will do next is to pick by hand the necessary changes from branch
https://github.com/mmd-osm/Overpass-API/tree/backend_compression_lz4_map
to enable Random_File compression which is useful for databases on extracts.

The thing I will do afterwards is to get branch
https://github.com/drolbr/Overpass-API/tree/out_csv_finetuning
complete. This is a roadblocker to make "out:csv" and "count" productive, and there is not that much to do left.

Given that I will have to prepare two workshops for the SotM-US from June 6th to June 8th, it is unlikely that much more will happen before that date. If possible, I would like to make a similar branch to out_csv_finetuning for purely tag based filters to enable the development of the date comparator asked for by Richard Welty.

If you have other urgent matters, please let me know. I'm happy to change development priorities for greater general benefit.

Cheers,

Roland

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page