overpass - Re: [overpass] template issues

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] template issues

  • From: Roland Olbricht <>
  • To: , michael spreng <>
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] template issues
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 09:22:35 +0100

Hi,

I have problems getting the templates, or permanent ID service, to work
on overpass.osm.ch.

Thank you for the feedback.

> They got automatically installed in $EXEC_DIR/templates

They should go to the $DB_DIR/templates/ directory.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I have not been aware that the feature is
still in active use. There is at the moment no automatic step to copy
anything from $EXEC_DIR to $DB_DIR: git and make do not know where the
$DB_DIR will located because it is configured later. And all later tools
are not aware whether they run for the first time such that
copy-if-missing violates the principle of least surprise.

I hope I will find and fix all spots in the documentation that some
directories need to be copied or moved from $EXEC_DIR to their final
locations (beside templates/ also rules/ and the probably obsolete
augmented_diffs/ directory to $DB_DIR, and potentially html/ to the
location of the static web path). There is even a directory for the
public transport templates, and I'm not sure whether this is actively used.

To everybody: if you notice appropriate places in the documentation then
please tell here on the list.

Best regards,
Roland

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.