Subject: Overpass API developpement
- From: marc marc <>
- To: "" <>
- Subject: Re: [overpass] Systemd
- Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 07:35:49 +0000
- Accept-language: fr-BE, en-US
- Authentication-results: listes.openstreetmap.fr; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;listes.openstreetmap.fr; dmarc=none action=none header.from=hotmail.com;
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
Le 27. 10. 17 à 07:00, Roland Olbricht a écrit :
> The executive summary is: Don't do it. I'm now happy to figure out with
> the affected people what the use cases behind the intent to use systemd
> are and to pave an alternative path.
the main reason for the osm-fr server is that it's the way to do on
recents systems (debian 9, RHEL/Centos).
the secondary reasons:
- easier to restart services in case of a crash, to manage dependencies
- centralized log management in syslog (although it is also possible to
do this by modifying the init.d script).
in a previous email, I was wondering what was the preferred method for
presenting changes to scripts.
talk about it in this thread ? make an issue + PR on github ?
- [overpass] Systemd, Roland Olbricht, 10/27/2017
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.