overpass - Re: [overpass] import of Belgium extract failed

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] import of Belgium extract failed

  • From: marc marc <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] import of Belgium extract failed
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 20:12:34 +0000
  • Accept-language: fr-BE, en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Hello,

Le 17. 09. 17 à 09:20, mmd a écrit :
> Am 17.09.2017 um 01:15 schrieb marc marc:
>> it failed with this message
>> Reading XML file ...terminate called after throwing an instance of
>> 'std::bad_alloc'
>> what(): std::bad_alloc
> Usually that's an indication that update_from_dir or update_database
> tried to allocate more main memory than available on the system.
>
> For an initial import, there's an option to add a --flush-size
> parameter, see
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API/Installation#Database_population_problem
> - although I would use a higher value than --flush-size=1 as
> it will be painfully slow otherwise.

I tried with --flush-size=6 and the import succeeded

what is the exact meaning of --flush-size = 1 ? a flush after each
modified node/way/relation ? after each tag ? each changeset ?

Is it a "formula" between flush-size and maximum consumed ram ?
I imagine something like x Mo + x Mo x flush-size = max malloc ram

Regards,
Marc

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.

Top of Page