overpass - Re: [overpass] import of Belgium extract failed

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] import of Belgium extract failed

  • From: mmd <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] import of Belgium extract failed
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 09:20:35 +0200

Am 17.09.2017 um 01:15 schrieb marc marc:

> To test a overpass-api install, I have selected Belgium extract
> https://download.geofabrik.de/europe/belgium-latest.osm.bz2
> file timestamp is sep 16 12:24 (UTC+2)
>
> I populate the database with /usr/local/bin/init_osm3s.sh
>
> it failed with this message
> Reading XML file ...terminate called after throwing an instance of
> 'std::bad_alloc'
> what(): std::bad_alloc

Usually that's an indication that update_from_dir or update_database
tried to allocate more main memory than available on the system. On all
production and dev systems we're running with 32GB main memory, which is
sufficient to import a planet. IIRC the French instance only runs with
16GB, which really may be not sufficient after all. Do you have a chance
to assign more memory to this instance?

For an initial import, there's an option to add a --flush-size
parameter, see
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API/Installation#Database_population_problem
- although I would use a higher value than --flush-size=1 as it will be
painfully slow otherwise.

--

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.

Top of Page