overpass - Re: [overpass] Segmentation fault

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] Segmentation fault

  • From: Igor Brejc <>
  • To: Roland Olbricht <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] Segmentation fault
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 12:39:11 +0200

Hi,

I've reconfigured the systemd Overpass service to use a non-root user, I've deleted the lock files and restarted the service, it is working.

As an experiment, I have started the apply_osc_to_db.sh script on my DB snapshot which is a few weeks old, so I can test how it behaves on multiple updates. So far (15 mins) it hasn't crashed, which is good news - before it crashed almost immediately. I will leave it running for some time and send the status update to the mailing list.

I will also update my Overpass API installation page after this experiment is over.

I have some systemd-related questions, if anyone can help me:
  1. When the machine goes to shutdown/restart (or when I stop the Overpass service), how do I make sure the dispatcher stops cleanly (without leaving the lock files)? After the machine restarts, Overpass service is not running (looking at the logs, it has executed, but it immediately stopped with exit code 0) - I presume this is because of lock files.
  2. When I start the Overpass service manually, systemd requests authentication for it (the password for my non-root user). How do I prevent systemd for asking for password?
  3. It probably makes sense to register apply_osc_to_db.sh as an systemd service, too. How do I make sure it starts only once the main dispatcher service is running? Or do you use different mechanisms to ensure the dispatcher and diffs are automatically started when the machine starts?
Thank you!
Igor

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 10:38 PM, Roland Olbricht <> wrote:
Hi,

> About systemd and sudo: I followed the official installation guide,
> including the service configuration:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Overpass_API/Installation&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop#Ubuntu_systemd

Thank you for the link. I was not aware that there is anything else than troubleshooting on that page.

The section in question has been added by somebody who has not done any edits else. I'm pretty sure it has never been tested by anybody.

I hope I can do some clean-up on that page in the following days. I'm in a train right now, and the Internet connection is shaky at best.

Best regards,

Roland

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.

Top of Page