overpass - [overpass] Overpass API Learning Platform - First Update

Subject: Overpass API developpement

[overpass] Overpass API Learning Platform - First Update

  • From: Secret <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [overpass] Overpass API Learning Platform - First Update
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 01:22:05 +0800

Hello everyone! I'm Arian, a Computer Science student. I'm one of the students accepted in the Google Summer of Code program, and my project is the creation of a Learning platform for Overpass API!

The Overpass API is an incredibly powerful tool, but it’s use is still limited due to the quite beginner-unfriendly documentation and scarce tutorials, and this project aims to fix that.

This week I started with the project, and have bootstrapped the application and you can even view it live right now here at http://osmlab.github.io/learnoverpass/

This week's progress has mostly been on creating a strong foundation for the project, and ensuring an easy project workflow.

I will also be posting weekly updates to the mailing list.

If you are interested in viewing a more comprehensive post for this week's progress (technical details, rationale, etc) feel free to see it here:
http://arianv.com/post/GSOC-2015-Introduction/

You can also see the blog series here:
http://arianv.com/series/gsoc-2015/

Thank you everyone!