overpass - Re: [overpass] Error 4414: Index inconsistent

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] Error 4414: Index inconsistent

  • From: "sly (sylvain letuffe)" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] Error 4414: Index inconsistent
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 11:51:08 +0100

Hi,

> /opt/osm-3s_v0.7.54/db/nodes.bin File_Blocks::read_block: Index
> inconsistent
>
> I don't really know how to fix that issue. Do you have any ideas?

I came across such errors with an overpass instance.
To make a story short : You have to wipe out db files & re-import

But what is interesting is to understand what happened and try to reduce the
odds that it happens again.
In my case, the cause was an interrupted "update_database" process during
diff
applying.
kernel log files or syslog might confirm the cause. In my case, that was an
"out of memory" condition in a OpenVZ container that killed the
update_database process leaving some db files in an inconsistent state.

You can also improve debugging at :
https://github.com/drolbr/Overpass-
API/blob/master/src/bin/fetch_osc_and_apply.sh#L80

By redirecting update_database's output to some log file instead of /dev/null
to increase your chances to find the culprit

--
sly, direct contact :

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Sletuffe

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.