overpass - Re: [overpass] Error while search with area in own overpass api server

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] Error while search with area in own overpass api server

  • From: Roland Olbricht <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] Error while search with area in own overpass api server
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 06:40:04 +0200

Hi,

But if try

[timeout:25]; area[name="france"]; ( node[name="starbucks"];
way[name="starbucks"]; rel[name="starbucks"]; ); out center;

i get the following error

runtime error: open64: 111 Connection refused /home/osm-3s_v0.7.53/bin/db//
osm3s_v0.7.53_areas Unix_Socket::7

Thank you for giving a good starting point for the investigation.

Please check the folloing things:

- Are there two instances of dispatcher running, one with --osm-base and the other with --areas? They are both necessary.

- Is there a file entry for /home/osm-3s_v0.7.53/bin/db/osm3s_v0.7.53_areas ?

It should look like this:
srw-rw-rw- 1 roland roland 0 Apr 25 06:10 osm3s_v0.7.53_areas

i.e., have a "s" in front to show that it is a socket, and "rw" for everybody. You can compare it to

srw-rw-rw- 1 roland roland 0 Apr 25 06:10 osm3s_v0.7.53_osm_base

on your system.

- Please check whether there is any system like SELinux or AppArmor active and whether it has a message in the logs.

Some background: I've seen this situation the first time, and probably nobody else has before. The error messages show the third token (here: "Unix_Socket::7") to identify the unique location in source code where the error happened. In this case, it is on the system call "connect".

Error 111 is most likely EACCES, although the message text "Connection refused" is rather confusing. It is a PITA that the operatins system messages do not line up with the values explained in the operating system's man pages.

This points to either one of the directories not being readable. We can rule out that because the standard request works. This is where I have to probe on the file rights whether the access is denied by Unix file rights or by some invisible component.

Best regards,

Roland

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page