overpass - Re: [overpass] PBF output - prototype available for testing

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] PBF output - prototype available for testing

  • From: mmd <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] PBF output - prototype available for testing
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 20:23:47 +0200

Am 17.10.2016 um 20:51 schrieb Pierre Béland:

> For Humanitarian OSM Responses, we often have to extract a lot of data
> either to validate, product extracts or build statistics. Compression of
> the data should greatly help, especially for teams in the field with
> limited internet access.
>
> I tested extracting highways for south-west of Haiti. I then succeeded
> to import in QGIS.

Thank you for the positive feedback! I hope Roland won't object the use
of libosmium as an 'include-only' library in this case, given that we
can also leverage it to quickly set up a new database using a .pbf
planet. Like we did for lz4 compression, this could also be an optional
feature.

Anyway, the main reason for making this a fairly minimum prototype has
to do with ongoing restructuring of the code Roland is currently working
on. Once that task is completed, we will probably revisit this PBF topic.

> One great option would be to have a file name field. It could be
> something like
> [out:pbf="filename-xxx.pbf"]. It is not easy to indentify + determine
> extension of files named interpreter in directory file list.

I believe, we already have an issue for it
(https://github.com/drolbr/Overpass-API/issues/153), if you remember ;)

--

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page