overpass - Re: [overpass] PBF output - prototype available for testing

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] PBF output - prototype available for testing

  • From: Pierre Béland <>
  • To: "" <>, <>
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] PBF output - prototype available for testing
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 18:51:02 +0000 (UTC)

Great mmd

For Humanitarian OSM Responses, we often have to extract a lot of data either to validate, product extracts or build statistics. Compression of the data should greatly help, especially for teams in the field with limited internet access.

I tested extracting highways for south-west of Haiti. I then succeeded to import in QGIS.

One great option would be to have a file name field. It could be something like
[out:pbf="filename-xxx.pbf"].  It is not easy to indentify + determine extension of files named interpreter in directory file list.
Great thanks to the Overpass team for such constant improvements.

Pierre