overpass - Re: [overpass] Recommended way to stop the area building process ?

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] Recommended way to stop the area building process ?

  • From: "sly (sylvain letuffe)" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] Recommended way to stop the area building process ?
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 14:48:58 +0200

On mardi 11 octobre 2016, Roland Olbricht wrote:
> You should afterwards delete the areas_shadow.lock file from the
> database directory. This is a protective measure to avoid that after a
> crash the osm3s_query restarts.

Good to know, I've upgrading my startup script accordingly.

> That said, it would make more sense to have a proper shutdown procedure.
> Could you please open a github issue?

Done.

> In addition: could you give details on what the undesirable side effects
> are? This could help to uncover an otherwise not yet known bug.

It is most likely that we confused a problem in the datas (our test polygon
was indeed broken) for a problem in the area building process beeing killed.
So, sorry for the noise but killing osm3s_query seams to be a safe operation
for the areas already built.

--
sly, direct contact :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Sletuffe