overpass - Re: [overpass] attic errors

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] attic errors

  • From: michael spreng <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] attic errors
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 13:57:23 +0100

On 2015-11-27 12:31, mmd wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 7:46 AM, michael spreng <
> wrote:

Then I tried to create a historical extract with osmium-tool from
2008-01-01, import that extract, then import the full change file. This
leads to a similar error, just with another way id and timestamp:

> runtime error: Way 32889548 cannot be expanded at timestamp
2012-02-15T14:05:02Z: Bad geometry for way 32889548

I noticed that your osc file has some create elements with a year 2007
timestamp. They shouldn't be part of the changefile, which is used to
update a 2008-01-01 database.This may not be the main reason for the error
you're experiencing, but you should make sure that the .osc file is really
ok in the first place.

Well the .osc file ist actually just the .osh.pbf extract (created with the history splitter) converted to .osc, so it contains the whole history. I guess overpass needs to cope with older stuff being in the change file, as it is usually not possible to get matching replication start files for a specific planet file.

BTW: Did you already start looking into creating suitable change files
based on history files as I outlined in my previous post?

Not yet.

I tried my query against overpass-api.de, and the results from there are
incomplete, but at least there are no errors. So what is wrong with my
instance?

Not sure how your query looks like. Incomplete date may due to the fact
that this instance was set up with the first ODbL compliant mirror from Sep
2012. If you query for some data with timestamp 2008-01-01, you will only
receive those old objects, if they haven't been deleted or changed in the
meantime.

It's the standard map call from overpass turbo, with a [date:"2008-01-01T00:00:00Z"] added as the first line. If there is only history back to 2012, that would make sense.

I will write down what I have done on my user wiki page and share the link as soon as it is ready.

Michael

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page