overpass - [overpass] LearnOverpass (GSOC Final) Report!

Subject: Overpass API developpement

[overpass] LearnOverpass (GSOC Final) Report!

  • From: "Arian Allenson M. Valdez" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [overpass] LearnOverpass (GSOC Final) Report!
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 07:52:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Everyone! I’m Arian, a Computer Science student. I’m one of the students accepted in the Google Summer of Code program, and my project is the creation of a Learning platform for Overpass API!

If you are unfamiliar with the project, you can view the wiki page here:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2015/Learning_platform_for_Overpass

and the repo here:

 https://github.com/osmlab/learnoverpass

And GSOC has ended! It was an incredibly fun ride, and LearnOverpass is now live and done!

http://osmlab.github.io/learnoverpass

If you’re looking for a more comprehensive project report, please view my blog post here:

http://arianv.com/post/LearnOverpass-GSOC-2015-Final-Report/

Moving forward, I think there are a few things still needed to be done. Definitely, recursion exercises is something that I’m currently in the final stages of drafting, which I’ll post to the project soon.  As someone who has been part of it from the start to finish, I definitely want to see this project until the end (in the vein of seeing it with multiple users).