overpass - Re: [overpass] Re: Sockaddr on OS X (was Re: Re: Where is bin/init_osm3s.sh?)

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] Re: Sockaddr on OS X (was Re: Re: Where is bin/init_osm3s.sh?)

  • From: Roland Olbricht <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] Re: Sockaddr on OS X (was Re: Re: Where is bin/init_osm3s.sh?)
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 17:24:29 +0200

Hi Malcolm,

Also the statement: "unlink(local.sun_path);” did not get added.

Thank you for reminding. The statement is already active, see in line 85 of
https://github.com/drolbr/Overpass-API/blob/master/src/template_db/dispatcher.cc
mmd added a second statement that would be triggered by both the client and server (or maybe for some reason not by the client in this specific implmentation). If the client does unlink the socket then the socket is missing for all following requests.

The intended cycle with the dispatcher is

start: dispatcher --osm-base [--meta|--keep-attic]
stop: dispatcher --osm-base --terminate

If the dispatcher still doesn't remove the socket then we should check why.

BTW: I've added a compression switch. Please add "--compression=no" to "update_database" or to "bin/init_osm3s.sh".

Best regards,

Roland

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page