overpass - [overpass] Branch backend_compression_map

Subject: Overpass API developpement

[overpass] Branch backend_compression_map

  • From: Roland Olbricht <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [overpass] Branch backend_compression_map
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 18:46:53 +0200

Hi all,

the branch
https://github.com/drolbr/Overpass-API/tree/backend_compression_map
has received the changes necessary to compress also the random access files (with suffix ".map"). The branch has passed all tests, hence I would recommend it for beta testing.

A big thank you to mmd for preparing the changes.

I encounter this as useful but not critical. Hence, I won't make a special release. I plan to amend an additional feature to simply migrating uncompressed databases, but this may take some weeks. It is the version of choice if your use case is to use a relatively small excerpt and to import from scratch.

Best regards,

Roland

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page