overpass - [overpass] Thank your for the list

Subject: Overpass API developpement

[overpass] Thank your for the list

  • From: Roland Olbricht <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [overpass] Thank your for the list
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 07:59:18 +0100

Dear all,

At first I would like to thank Sylvain for setting up the list.

To give a short overview of the state of affairs:

The dev-server from FOSSGIS is set up. The idea is to have one or maybe two copies of the database there such that new features can be tested live. Please note that it is perfectly possible to run newer versions of "interpreter" and "osm3s_query" along an existing "dispatcher" such that we really can share a copy of the data.

The server has a magnetic hard disk, which means it will overemphasize disk speed on long running queries. But sufficient disk space is at this stage more important than accurate performance simulation. The caching behaviour is in the presence of other load anyway undefined.

For this purpose I will set up an account for everybody who is interested in running a code branch on the dev server.

I'm planning to have one uncompressed copy, acessible via version tag "0.7.51" (in settings.cc) and one compressed copy, acessible for versions calling themselves "0.7.52". The compressed database is implented in the branch
https://github.com/drolbr/Overpass-API/tree/backend_compression

Currently, only the uncompressed version is present. I'm trying to recover from the incident of "2015-02-05", as noted here
http://wiki.osm.org/wiki/OSM3S/status
I'm watching the updates whether the issue of broken attic ways reappears. If I don't catch the bug then I can at least fix that incident. I plan to set up both database copies and Apache afterwards.

Cheers,

Roland

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page