overpass - [overpass] Blog on dev.overpass-api.de

Subject: Overpass API developpement

[overpass] Blog on dev.overpass-api.de

  • From: Roland Olbricht <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [overpass] Blog on dev.overpass-api.de
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 07:02:10 +0100

Hello altogether,

I'm excited to announce the first blog post on
https://dev.overpass-api.de/blog/
that is written by an Overpass user instead of me:
https://dev.overpass-api.de/blog/counting_roundabouts.html

This is a post how to count real world objects although they are not
represented by a single object in OpenStreetMap, in this case roundabouts.

I'm grateful to Antoine.

This is a great step towards more understandable documentation
because it better reflects the needs and perspective of users instead of
just mine.

Opposed to the wiki examples
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API/Overpass_API_by_Example
the blog format allows for more depth and a development over multiple steps.

If you have a subject with interesting queries feel free to create a
pull request, too.

Best regards,

Roland

  • [overpass] Blog on dev.overpass-api.de, Roland Olbricht, 03/11/2021

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.

Top of Page