overpass - Re: [overpass] Update on recent performance tests

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] Update on recent performance tests

  • From: mmd <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] Update on recent performance tests
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 19:02:41 +0200

Am 04.09.2017 um 20:25 schrieb mmd:

> Second test was a simulation of a full day in the life of
> overpass-api.de. That's 534'497 real queries in total, processed with 7
> parallel processes in 10.75 hours, without any waiting time, though. I
> found the response time distribution quite interesting:

As I noted here [1], you could run the same test to fit an actual 24
hours time frame (or least try to match it as closely as possible), and
see what the CPU utilization looks like.

Unlike the situation on the main instance with 85%+ CPU utilization for
most part of the day, about 2 cpu cores (or 25% cpu utilization) seemed
to be sufficient to run all queries, as well a minutely db update, an
hourly area creation delta run, and gzip compression on the web server.

In conclusion, there's some very good potential to make much better use
of available resources.

Cheers,
mmd

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/drolbr/diary/39710#comment39826
[2] https://github.com/mmd-osm/Overpass-API/issues/3#issuecomment-334138177

--

  • Re: [overpass] Update on recent performance tests, mmd, 10/09/2017

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19+.

Top of Page