overpass - [overpass] Area creation

Subject: Overpass API developpement

[overpass] Area creation

  • From: Zecke <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [overpass] Area creation
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 22:52:17 +0100

Hi,

I recently set up area creation as areas were required for one of our applications. That worked fine so far, I followed the instructions at
http://overpass-api.de/full_installation.html

section "Area creation". I skipped the nice'ing thing. Area creation started, the rules_loop.log looks as follows:

2017-02-11 18:15:57: update started
2017-02-12 18:16:37: update finished
2017-02-12 18:16:40: update started
2017-02-13 18:17:19: update finished
2017-02-13 18:17:22: update started

It seems to me that area creation comes to the 24h timeout. Although after the first 24h period area queries giveĀ  meaningful results, I doubt whether everything's running fine:
Is it normal that the correlated osm3s_query process runs permanently with all available CPU? Could it be that coming to the timeout restarts the creation process each day without terminating or does it work cumulative so I can expect an end?

BTW, I found that the rules_loop.sh does not accept relative paths as parameters as the other scripts do, so I extended it by the line:

[[ ! ${DB_DIR:0:1} == "/" ]] && DB_DIR="`pwd`/$DB_DIR"

after the line
DB_DIR=$1

Best regards,
Carsten

  • [overpass] Area creation, Zecke, 02/13/2017

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page