overpass - Re: [overpass] Augmented Diffs cached

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] Augmented Diffs cached

  • From: Pascal Neis <>
  • To: Roland Olbricht <>,
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] Augmented Diffs cached
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 19:23:21 +0100

Thank you very much, Roland!

Am 05.12.16 um 12:38 schrieb Roland Olbricht:
Dear all,

as suggested by Pascal, I have now implemented and deployed caching for
Augmented Diffs on the main instance at overpass-api.de. The change
should have no effect on data consumers except that the data is
delivered faster.

The algorithm is as it used to be: compare your last diff id to the one
coming from
https://overpass-api.de/api/augmented_diff_status
and then fetch all up that number if you are not yet up to date.

If you encounter any hiccups on consuming Augmented Diffs then please
feel free to report them here.

If you want to update your own instance. I've just commited the change
to the minor_issues branch, see f77be3ae7c5acef6e15c7299a62db567d1978aa3

The release at
https://overpass-api.de/releases/
has also been updated.

Cheers,