overpass - [overpass] More information on rate limits

Subject: Overpass API developpement

[overpass] More information on rate limits

  • From: Roland Olbricht <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [overpass] More information on rate limits
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 19:24:37 +0200

Hi all,

a few days ago there has been a remark on osm-dev that is hard to figure out whether a 429 comes from the quota or a runaway request:
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2016-June/029299.html

To fix that problem I have added an API call
/api/status
that gives to the client all information about running queries of that client.

The return syntax is

Connected as: $CLIENT_SPECIFIC_TOKEN
Rate limit: $ACCEPTED_PARALLEL_REQUESTS
$AVAILABLE slots available now.
Currently running queries (pid, space limit, time limit, start time):
... (four items per line as the headline tells)

The API call
/api/kill_my_queries
has got an upgrade as well and uses now "kill -9". I don't know when and why standard "kill" ceased to work, but "kill -9" now again does the job.

The new API call has been committed to the minor_issues branch and is already deployed on overpass-api.de

Please report if the new call doesn't work for you or if it causes any regressions.

Best regards,

Roland

  • [overpass] More information on rate limits, Roland Olbricht, 06/16/2016

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page