overpass - Re: [overpass] [Overpass] Is there a default limit on concurrency?

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] [Overpass] Is there a default limit on concurrency?

  • From: "Arun Gowtham" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] [Overpass] Is there a default limit on concurrency?
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 13:35:56 +0200

I tried to use epoll event in nginx and fcgi-passing the requests to a ip/
port(it points to overpass/cgi-bin/interpreter file) i set up using spawn-
fcgi, yet i couldn't achieve better results.

The results i obtained:
I spawned 100 threads of a request which takes 600milliseconds individually,
what i observed was, apache completed 100threads in 6seconds approx, whereas
nginx with epoll took 11seconds approx, it clearly states nginx performed bad
here.

Is configuring epoll for nginx alone not sufficient, does it require changes
in Overpass source also?
Please could anyone point me what i am missing here?

P.S
I use this source ->
https://github.com/mmd-osm/Overpass-API/tree/patch_fastcgi
I configured nginx from the steps here ->
http://www.slashroot.in/nginx-web-server-performance-tuning-how-to-do-it
I spawned a fcgi process to point to an ip/port and fcgi-passed it in the
nginx.conf as mentioned here -> http://www.programering.com/a/MzN5AzMwATg.html

Warm Regards,
AG

  • Re: [overpass] [Overpass] Is there a default limit on concurrency?, Arun Gowtham, 04/29/2016

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page