overpass - [overpass] [half-OT] Overpass API on Raspberry Pi

Subject: Overpass API developpement

[overpass] [half-OT] Overpass API on Raspberry Pi

  • From: mmd <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [overpass] [half-OT] Overpass API on Raspberry Pi
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 23:18:29 +0100

Hi,

with the arrival of the new Raspberry Pi 3 model a few days ago, you
might have wondered, if that's something you could use for your own
Overpass API server. For those interested in more details: I did a small
write up some months ago for the previous Pi 2 model. It was quite
impressive to see that it worked quite well on a small extract:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Mmd/Overpass_API/Raspberry

Unfortunately, I still couldn't come up with a compelling use case for
it. If you happen to have some ideas, like maybe some cool (offline)
kiosk application serving OSM POI data, or some interactive game, you
know where to post them... ;)

Cheers,
mmd

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.