overpass - Re: [overpass] Odd results when switching from Overpass QL to XML

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] Odd results when switching from Overpass QL to XML

  • From: mmd <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] Odd results when switching from Overpass QL to XML
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 19:16:20 +0100

Hi,

Am 22.02.2016 um 01:16 schrieb Jan Marsch:

> Now I’m running a local Overpass instance which gets accessed by a custom
> web server.
> In order to use osm3s_query, I needed to convert the query to XML with
> http://overpass-turbo.eu/
> Result is this:

> 1. Can I probably use the Overpass QL withiut havin Apache in place?

if your custom web server supports CGI, the `interpreter` binary would
be the right one to call. Otherwise, you just need to provide your query
to osm3s_query, no matter if it's Overlass QL or XML:

cat some_file_or_input_with_query_in_ql_or_xml_format | osm3s_query

I questioning the need to even use Overpass XML at all, if you've got a
working QL query. osm3s_query or interpreter support both of them. Maybe
I'm somehow missing your original intent here, or what kind of issues
you came across in the first place.

--

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page