overpass - [overpass] Re: Actual requirements in Hard Disk for an installation for Europe

Subject: Overpass API developpement

[overpass] Re: Actual requirements in Hard Disk for an installation for Europe

  • From: mmd <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [overpass] Re: Actual requirements in Hard Disk for an installation for Europe
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 19:48:56 +0100

Hi,

Am 26.11.2015 um 12:53 schrieb Julien Fastré:

> - Does anyone can confirm the actual size of the database for a whole
> planet ?
> - If anyone has a running installation for Europe, what is the current
> database size ?

you can check for yourself in the clone directory
http://dev.overpass-api.de/clone/

That's currently 173GB (zlib compression, meta + attic data since
license change in 2012). Add a few GB for area data.

For Europe I would assume at least half that size, based on the size of
the original planet.pbf vs. europe.pbf.

> We are currently planning to use a 480Go SSD disk, but we are not sure
> this will be sufficient for storing diff, planet.osm, and the database
> size. Do you have any experience on this ?

There are a number of option how this setup could looks like in detail,
so it's very hard to give some reasonable advise here. Not sure if you
need a planet.osm. Maybe you could also start with a Europe extract from
Geofabrik and apply daily diffs also provided by Geofabrik. Woudl that
be sufficient for your use case?

http://download.geofabrik.de/europe.html

Whatever your results, please let us know. Thanks.

--

  • [overpass] Re: Actual requirements in Hard Disk for an installation for Europe, mmd, 12/07/2015

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page