overpass - [overpass] Actual requirements in Hard Disk for an installation for Europe

Subject: Overpass API developpement

[overpass] Actual requirements in Hard Disk for an installation for Europe

  • From: Julien Fastré <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [overpass] Actual requirements in Hard Disk for an installation for Europe
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 12:53:01 +0100

Hi,

I am new to this list, so I say hello to everybody !

For the usage of our application, we will have to install our own server
for overpass-api for Europe. We are currently specifying the hardware
requirements.

The openstreetmap wiki have been recently updated with information about
the HDD requirements [1] :

> For a full planet with meta and attic data (=all data since license change
> in September 2012), about 150 GB - 200 GB are required when using a
> compressed database (since 0.7.52). Without compression at least double the
> amount is needed.

Our installation will serve data only for Europe.

- Does anyone can confirm the actual size of the database for a whole
planet ?
- If anyone has a running installation for Europe, what is the current
database size ?

We are currently planning to use a 480Go SSD disk, but we are not sure
this will be sufficient for storing diff, planet.osm, and the database
size. Do you have any experience on this ?

Regards,
Julien Fastré

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API/Installation#Hardware
--
Julien Fastré
Champs Libres

Champs Libres Cooperative SCRLFS
Rue Jean Bury 23 - 4000 Liège - Belgique
BE0541.427.670

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page