overpass - Re: [overpass] LearnOverpass - Overpass Learning Platform - 4th Weekly Update

Subject: Overpass API developpement

Re: [overpass] LearnOverpass - Overpass Learning Platform - 4th Weekly Update

  • From: Pierre Béland <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] LearnOverpass - Overpass Learning Platform - 4th Weekly Update
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 14:22:05 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Arian,

the links point to localhost at http://arianv.com/series/gsoc-2015/

Pierre

De : Arian Allenson M. Valdez <>
À :
Envoyé le : Jeudi 25 juin 2015 4h47

`Hello everyone! I’m Arian, a Computer Science student. I’m one of the students accepted in the Google Summer of Code program, and my project is the creation of a Learning platform for Overpass API!

If you are unfamiliar with the project, you can view the wiki page here:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2015/Learning_platform_for_Overpass

and the repo here:

https://github.com/osmlab/learnoverpass

Anyway, this week is my 4th week, and I’ve completed the API Documentation reference! It’s mostly a port of the reference from the wiki, along with a nifty REPL-like editor so you can experiment with the query on the page itself (much like an embedded Overpass Turbo)

Now that the API Documentation is done, there’s going to be a sleuth of very interesting changes coming in the next weeks, as we move into interactive exercises a la CodeAcademy, KhanAcademy, etc.

Anyway, that’s it! I welcome any feedback to the project so feel free to comment!

I also have comprehensive writeups on the project’s development on my blog:

http://arianv.com/series/gsoc-2015/

Thanks!

Arian Allenson M. Valdez

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.