Overpass API developpement

Text archives Help

Re: [overpass] compressed database info

  • From: Donal Diamond <donal.diamond@gmail.com>
  • To: overpass@listes.openstreetmap.fr
  • Subject: Re: [overpass] compressed database info
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 15:24:09 +0000

On 28 February 2015 at 14:06, mmd <mmd.osm@gmail.com> wrote:
But of course, that alone doesn't  really explain larger file sizes.

Sorry, you can ignore my issue with increased size of map files when I turned on replication.
I made a mistake and fat-fingered my sequence number and initialized replication from a months old sequence number.
Size of map files are now sane.

BTW: Did you already run some queries on your compressed db? Is there a
noticeable performance impact compared to the non-compressed db?

Yes I ran a few queries and it seems to be responding acceptably:
 http://overpass-turbo.openstreetmap.ie/
 http://overpass.openstreetmap.ie/

My instance doesn't get a lot of queries and runs on fairly modest hardware.

I don't have any before/after metrics to compare against - I'm just glad to have freed up enough disk-space to continue running overpass on the present box!

Donal

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of page