Subject: Overpass API developpement
- From: Roland Olbricht <>
- Subject: Re: [overpass] compressed database info
- Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 20:38:19 +0100
I applied the patches from minor_issues to my backend_compression branch[...]
and built following
I imported by doing:
I'm seeing some space gain from about 11GB -> 9 GB[...]
Most of my space usage is from the nodes.map file which hasn't changed
- it is possible or feasible to compress the map files also?
Thank you for the tests and the documentation.
It revealed that the nodes.map is for smaller installations really the showstopper. The file has for all subsets of the OSM data roughly the same total size, and I decided that the 8 GB are of minor important from the perspective of the world database.
After reconsidering the issue, I think it is possible to add code to do the compression on the nodes.map file as well. The two possibilities are that I either do that myself, which may takt until at least end of March because I have scheduled FOSSGIS preparations and the server move right now.
Or somebody else will adopt the code from the .bin file storage. I'll do my best to help and then merge the result immeidately into the backend_compression branch.
- [overpass] compressed database info, donal.diamond, 02/24/2015
- Re: [overpass] compressed database info, Roland Olbricht, 02/26/2015
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.