overpass - [overpass] Other output format : gpx

Subject: Overpass API developpement

[overpass] Other output format : gpx

  • From: "sly (sylvain letuffe)" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [overpass] Other output format : gpx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 12:33:05 +0100

I was missing a simple to use export API that could provide gpx output
without fighting too much with local tools (read: accessible to non system
gurus).
Such as incorporating a dynamic link to a mobile app, easy link to
up to date download.

Before messing with overpass patches (My C pramming skills have degraded
since studies),
I tried a hacky proof of concept by creating an API wrapper that would query
the overpass for an osm output and then convert that back to gpx and send it
to user.

That wrapper is here :
https://github.com/osm-fr/osm2node

And a demo/production :
http://api.openstreetmap.fr/osm2nodegpx?data=node[%22shop%22]%2845.57,5.845,45.60,5.978%29;out%20body;%3E;out%20skel%20qt;

With time and beta testers, I found that "generating gpx from osm" is
obviously
non bijective, One might like the fixme=* be converted to <name>
some the shop=* be converted to <type>

The possibility to customize output, the csv output allows
to choose :
[out:csv(name,shop;true;";")];
Would probably be of intereste as well.

Mmd told me there is some restructuring of output's code,
I have no hurry at all, so I'll wait, but that was just to let you know.

--
sly, direct contact :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Sletuffe

  • [overpass] Other output format : gpx, sly (sylvain letuffe), 02/19/2015

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.18.

Top of Page